After 30 years of working with string instruments, we have learned what it takes to make them sound better, play more easily, and be securely protected during travel. We produce the following specialty items for basses and cellos:
- The Realist transducer for bass, cello, violin and viola was designed by David Gage and Ned Steinberger, providing "the best arco and pizz sound of them all." The Realist Violin is an acoustic violin with a built-in Realist pickup. It sounds great with amplification and without, available in 4- and 5-string versions, standard or professional quality.
- The Czech-Ease Road Bass is a full-sounding bass with an abbreviated body that makes it exponentially more portable than its full-bodied cousins, without losing the true bass sound.
- The Gage Travel Case for Bass/Cello was designed by David Gage and is manufactured in the U.S. exclusively for our shop. These cases are "the first class ticket" for your bass, cello, baby bass, or removable neck bass.
- The Metropolitan Bass Bow is made for professional bassists and takes full advantage of carbon fiber's potential.
- Irving Sloane Bass Machines provide "exceptional smoothness and accuracy" in tuning.